Tuesday, January 10, 2012

Behind me and in front of me...

Like the air we breathe, I believe that God is always around us, nearer than we acknowledge most of the time. In fact, I believe that He is treading the path before us, next to us, and behind us. As I dwell on this thought, I think about my mundane life, the everydayness of it all.

Mornings start early with three small children (ranging from babe to kidlet).

And they are ever so hungry… breakfast characterized most mornings by impatient demands…

And I breathe.

It is a constant dance of pouring milk, grabbing vitamins, preparing oatmeal, slicing fruit, mixing up formula and feeding the baby, wiping down sticky hands and oatmeal messes gone terribly wrong.

The pile of dishes awaits and I try to grab a quick breakfast.

I pull open the blinds and let the sunlight in…. Ah! That feels nice. And I pause….

Is God in this place? Is God here? Is He here in the insanity, in the chaos? Is He here when I feel like I’m being pulled in a million directions?

Well, of course… the answer is “of course He is.”

Psalm 139:5 "You are all around me. You are behind me and in front of me. You hold me in your power."

It is this Truth that I will believe in and choose to live. Thank you, God, for being all around me today.

“I will see the goodness of the LORD in the land of the living.” Psalm 27:13

God is in this too...


1 comment: