Monday, May 2, 2011

Tea and tender friends...

There is just something about sitting around a table sipping tea with new friends that seem like you've known them forever. Do you know what I mean? I've only had a few instances in my life where I've made a new friend and that friend filled a spot in my life like they had been there all along.

We were invited to some friends of ours for English Tea this afternoon. We packed up the kids and headed out. What awaited us was homemade scones with homemade cream, homemade strawberry and cherry jams, homemade pastries of a variety of sorts, cheeses that melted in your mouth with bursts of flavor, and crackers, fruits, and more! Delectable, truly.

Now home, the kids are trying to nod off to sleep. I still hear them both upstairs babbling. I wonder what it will be like when they are both in the same room together. Goodness, I'm not sure I want to think about that yet.

It is off for dinner now... a little late, but better than never.

1 comment: