Monday, March 28, 2011

Prioritizing...

Time is limited. And every moment births a choice. I can't do it all, so I must choose. Quite honestly, I'm just sick of choosing:

Do I take a shower this morning? Do I lay in bed just a minute longer? Which screaming child do I tend to first? Do I dare venture out to the store to get the pantry staples with two kids on the verge of a meltdown? Do I drop reading the story to rush and answer the cell phone? Do I take this moment to quickly start another load of laundry, do the dishes, wipe down the counters, go to the bathroom... which comes first? When both kids are down for their naps, do I take a nap myself or do the finances that are in desperate need of being done? Or do I take a moment to read the Scriptures and pray?

Why can't life just move slowly and without time? I just want to be able to do it all... but I can't. And a mad downpouring of choices abound. I'm left to choose.

Well, I missed my shower and nap today. Instead I choose to read a book called Praying the Scriptures for your Children.

It is a powerful book that uses God's mighty Word to guide and form prayers that hit topics like your child's Faith, Character, Safety, Relationships, and Future right on the nail. I realized as I was reading that I often view my actions with my children as the primary source as to whether they will grow up to be God-fearing, Christ-loving, Faithful Followers of God. And that I don't prioritize prayer where it should be. Prayer is such a mysteriously powerful tool that should not be underestimated. With all of my intentional efforts geared towards my children to bring them up in the Lord (which definitely has it's place), I must not forget the role of prayer. I have been enjoying this book every additional chapter I read and cannot emphasize how meaningful it is. For any who may be reading this blog entry, I have a selfish request... will you lift up a prayer for Zoe, Roman, & Baby Lee? Prayer is powerful.

With children in bed, I'm finally off to getting that shower. :)

2 comments:

  1. Just prayed for all the Lee's! I may not always comment, Marcy, but I love reading all of your blog entries. I wish I could write my thoughts out like you do so well here!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ditto what Lynn said! And I would request that you lift up a prayer for my far- away granddaughter, Aubree. Thanks so much!

    ReplyDelete