Tuesday, April 5, 2011

Grumbling leads to Death

Some days are harder to find the good in than others. But God calls us to be grateful no matter the circumstances. Just like the Israelites who wandered in the dessert for 40 years and with complaints and grumbling on their tongue... what did it get them? Death. Those who grumbled did not see the Promise Land, but instead ended their lives in the dry, misery of the desert (Numbers 14:27-35).

I don't want my life to be dry and full of misery...where I am just scraping in the desert with cracked lips and on the verge of death. I want to live a vibrant life. Jesus has rescued me from this dry and weary life...I don't want to live like I'm still in it! Like the story of the 10 Lepers in Luke 17:12-19 where Jesus heals ten, but only one is thankful.... I want to be that THANKFUL one!

So, despite the day I had... I choose to be thankful. I chose to live victorious and with meaning. I chose to live like I am in the Promise Land... because.... I am!

1000 Gifts List Continued:
#73: Jesus' blood shed for me
#74: the gift of speaking up when a voice needs to be heard - to speak for the oppressed
#75: Easter Eggs Galore

#76: An evening at home
#77: The insurance liaison at my doctor's office... Praise God for advocates!
#78: a friendly smile when a door was opened
#79: No ear infections

1 comment:

  1. I know what #79 feels like too :) I miss you in my life!

    ReplyDelete