Wednesday, April 20, 2011

these hands...

With hands clenched to the steering wheel, I look down. Wow, how could I have not noticed it before? Where did these creases come from? At the next red light I study them a bit more. These hands look like the age that they are. My children's hands are smooth, soft, not a blemish to be found. These hands of mine have scars and the beginnings of wrinkles. Where has time gone? What have these hands been doing the past 30 years? Have they been productive in fulfilling their purposes? Has their idleness led to death when it could have brought life to someone through the written word or the dialing of a phone? My prayer is that these hands would bring life. 


Here are a few things that our hands have been up to these days:
            
This Easter season Big Sis and I spent some time coloring Easter eggs. 




The display of color was astounding to her and she added a tinge of gold sparkle to finish them off. 


This evening was LifeGroup night and we hosted a Sedar Meal for the whole group.



Luke 22:19  
19 And he took bread, gave thanks and broke it, and gave it to them, saying, “This is my body given for you; do this in remembrance of me.”


Pastor Husband led it as the 'host' and sat in the 'host' seat... the seat that Jesus would have sat in for the Last Supper. The symbolism is incredible and each time I am involved in a Sedar meal, I always learn something new. There are four cups that represent Exodus 6:6-7. They are the "I will" cups:

1.) Cup of Blessing: I will bring you out from under the yoke of the Egyptians. 
2.) Cup of Judgement: I will free you from being slaves to them.
3.) Cup of  Redemption: I will redeem you with an outstretched arm.
4.) Cup of Praise: I will take you to me as my own people.


Praise God for Redemption through His Son Jesus Christ who's hands were pierced for us and who's body was broken for my sin. Praise God for the Risen Savior!

1 comment:

  1. The whisk idea is nothing short of amazing! We struggle year to year with the metal egg "holders" which turn into metal egg "droppers"... much to the delight of Madison who gets to eat the now cracked and defeated Easter egg. Maybe I'll have to try your idea next year :)

    ReplyDelete