Wednesday, February 9, 2011

Grace Threads

I like to think that my life is 'put together.' That is hardly the truth. I wish I would have taken a picture of my house yesterday an hour before the Preacher came home. Chaos at best, would be one way of describing it. I spent most of my day neglecting the entire house, except for the basement where I am attempting to create a learning center for Big Sis. (She's not even 3 yet and there is enormous amounts of pressure to start her on the educational process...why is this?).

It'd been one of those days: my head hadn't seen a shower for 48 hours, my shirt was on backwards and I didn't realize it until changing into my pajamas, the tie to my pajama bottoms had sunken into the hole and had to be tediously fished out, and I'd been whizzed on by Little Man. 


Yet, something echoed in my head... I verse I had read the night previous.
"He is the image of the invisible God... all things were created by him and for him. He is before all things, and in him all things hold together." Colossians 1:15a, 16b, 17 (emphasis added)

"All things hold together"... this spinning out of control life is held together merely by threads of grace. I ponder about my day, all I had done or not done, and I look back to what graces were given to me this day.

#11 the perfectly twirled fork full of spaghetti by Big Sis. She is getting so big.
#12 the spontaneous drop in of a neighbor bringing goodies to share and fellowship for a few short minutes
#13 snuggles in the morning with my little girl all cozy and warm under the covers
#14 God's amazing grace threads

...these grace threads hold all things together.

No comments:

Post a Comment