Thursday, February 10, 2011

I heard spring this morning...

This morning God gave me a gift...Just when I thought all life had been sucked out of the hardened earth, I was reminded of His great mercies which are new with every sunrise. 

I peeked my head out the back door and caught a breath of the cold, brisk winter air. 
It filled my lungs and breath seemed to come easy. I lingered, but only for a second... that's all it took. In the the stillness of that second God spoke... 
Lamentations 3:22-2322 Because of the LORD’s great love we are not consumed, for his compassions never fail. 23 They are new every morning; great is your faithfulness.
A bird chirped off in the distance.

Then another joined in, and then another. It was sweet, revitalizing! God is here. He is not far off. And neither is Spring.

No comments:

Post a Comment