Friday, February 11, 2011

Taking off the Blinders...

(photo by Jordyn Tayyy)

The keys are felt under fingertip. I don't typically know what I'm going to type. The kids are in bed and it is my time to exhale from another long day. When I first began recording my day's thoughts I did so as a way to connect the daily ins and outs with family who is separated from us long distance and who can't SEE firsthand what our life holds.  In a sense to "take the blinders off" and let family take a good look at our life from the inside. Oh! I had no idea what God truly had in store.

It was quickly revealed to me that this {discipline} of writing consistently of God's good graces had become a much needed "hard stop" for me in my day. I have always known the value of the spiritual discipline of journaling, but with tired eyes and weary body it would always get neglected. This intentionally carved out time in my day, right after kids are in bed, has become my time of reflecting on how God has blessed me and what He has revealed to me this day. Since taking the time to SEE God at work and taking my own blinders off, each day brims with newfound promises & gracious gifts from my Loving Savior. I am looking forward to carving out more "hard stops" in my day!

John 9:25b "One thing I do know. I was blind, but now I see!"

No comments:

Post a Comment