Monday, February 28, 2011

Being intentional

Today was the day of Intentionality.... 
The last few days were more of the harried 'head just above water' type of days. My little ones rose early, like usual, but this time I was prepared for them. I had even prepped the prepping of breakfast the night before knowing that I wanted Zoe to get some cooking practice in. All the ingredients were measured out and ready to be tossed in to make Blueberry Oatmeal Muffins (a healthy breakfast muffin alternative): I used a 4 oz. jar of baby food pears in place of the 1/4 C. oil and it worked like a charm.




Roman was a good sport during all of this... he kept busy with some cherrios on his tray:).

We placed the muffins in the oven and waited patiently for them to exhibit a golden glow. Then we plopped one on Big Sis' plate.



 She gave thanks to God for her muffin.


And enjoyed her creation very much.

After breakfast we trucked on over to the library on this blustery day and loaded up our recycle bag with books till I could hardly carry it. Every book looked like one Big Sis wanted to bring home and so somehow it found it's way into our little sack.

We hurried home to enjoy some good reads and put Little Man down for a nap. Big Sis and I cuddled into our Book Nook and read about a mouse house that leaked, some greedy farm animals, and how food is digested in our stomachs...

Then a breakthrough happened!!! A real true breakthrough!... we've been working on the potty training for a while now and it hasn't quite taken off like I would have liked... we've been having some difficulty with #2 [if you know what I mean]. Well today was the day, folks. The waste found its place... or shall I quote Zoe "The stinky went to go visit his friends." Honestly... that's what she said. I like to say "The stinky has left the building!"

Well, so much more happened today than I have time to record.... Japanese lessons and tapping sticks songs and the creation of little critters. Our day was really packed full of fun. It was a great day!

No comments:

Post a Comment