Saturday, February 26, 2011

This and that...

I saw it in his eyes so clearly today ... the firm reprimand was followed by "that look"... the look that completely disregards the correction...a willful act of disobedience... otherwise known as "sin." He is 10 months old. But this depravity is ingrained within....

Ingrained within us all... case in point: I spent too many hours in the kitchen and the strain on my body was getting to me. I almost let a small misunderstanding turn into a massive explosion. Like the steaming pot of spaghetti over the stove that I was working with... I, too, was about to 'boil over' with frustration like an unstoppable force.



Then something finally lifts... I realize the state that I am in... one of total depravity. I realize my carnal nature has started to overcome me. I have but one hope... a chance of turning this ship around that's headed for destruction.... it comes with surrendering to HIM  [Jesus] and letting the Spirit fight for me... take my daily battles that wage war against my flesh. I relax and rest in Jesus. Ahh... peace. Thank you, Jesus, for your grace.

___________________________________________________________________________

A funny note from the day.... It appeared that yesterday the neighbors had some fun in their front yard building a pretty impressive looking snowman. Zoe noticed "Frosty" in the front yard while we were eating our french toast breakfast and she couldn't help, but beg to go see him. She insisted he would talk to her.




As mentioned previous, I spent the majority of my day in the kitchen finishing up my "Once A Month" cooking endeavor. I was blessed to have completed 30 meals! After preparations for 30 meals, you can imagine the state of havoc that my kitchen was in. I set out after the hours of food prep to do a complete clean of my kitchen. One funny thing about me is that when I get started on something, I have to be thorough AND see it through to completion. So, my 'cleaning the kitchen' turned into Spring Clean part 2. See coat/shoe closet below.



Here's how the above picture happened. I went to grab the broom from the coat/shoe closet [where it is kept] to start cleaning the kitchen. I looked down at the mess that was our shoes and decided to begin the rehaul on the closet instead. A half hour later, our closet looked a whole lot better, and I was back to cleaning the kitchen up. Oh... how I sometimes wish I could just keep to the task at hand!

1 comment:

  1. If you give a moose a muffin, chances are it's going to want a glass of milk....

    Love you, Marcy!

    ReplyDelete