Wednesday, February 23, 2011

Mismatched Masterpieces

I found myself snowed in at my parent's house after another crazy pounding of the white stuff. It is always a retreat to spend time with family in the comforts of the old country home. There is nothing like the sounds and smells of years gone by. Every nook and cranny tells a tale and memories flood the mind spilling warmth into the heart. It truly is a blessing every chance I get to sojourn there.

With the pressures of housework off my shoulders and Gma spending treasured time with the young'uns, I was left to tackle an inspiration that had been itching to get out ever sense I laid eyes on it.... a creation unlike any I had seen... a "Softie Doll" whose personality was left up to chance pieces and how they were sewn together... a patchwork of sorts... a crazy collection of mismatched pieces that makes me smile every time I look at her... blushed cheeks and a smirky smile... I think you'll find her charming too.

So with some inspiration from "60 piggies" blog that I follow and some creativity of my own, I started to put together mismatched pieces to make a masterpiece unique and zany. By the end of the day, three matchless dolls appeared each waiting for that special day when they can be given...


...to their own little mismatched masterpiece owner.

Now comes the part, where I need some help. I need some clever names for these three softie dolls. If you are feeling up for the challenge... tell me what name you think each one should have!

Softie #1:
 Softie #2:
 Softie #3:

1 comment:

  1. Softie #1: Jana Fiery Pork
    Softie #2: Marcy or "Little Miss Alaska"
    Softie #3: Kristen Ringabell

    Just kidding of course! But Softie #2 reminds me of you - perhaps it is the cow print boots :)

    I cannot tell you how much I enjoy reading about your life!

    ReplyDelete