Friday, February 25, 2011

Thankful

Delicious Indian curry still lingers on my tongue. The evening was filled with the scent of ginger, tamarack, chili powder, and the warmth of special friends. The whole family journeyed over to break bread with some fairly new friends of ours... we were blessed with the delicacies of India. It is amazing to me how our lives are a collection of the people in which we choose to keep company with. I feel blessed to have such special folk surrounding me, who give me encouragement and spiritual sharpening. Thanks Kavi, Alan, & Julia for a great night tonight!

God grants us blessings each moment of each day. I don't always see them. My nerves were shot today. I spent the majority of my waking hours today standing in the kitchen layering pans with meals to be frozen. It was "Once A Month Cooking" day for me [the day of my month that I have a love/hate relationship with]. So, I'm having to think extra hard about the blessings that God gave me this day:

* playing with Little Man on the floor and discovering a new favorite game he likes to play
* enjoying homemade apple crisp from a British baker
* spending the evening with my family and getting to know new friends like they were old acquaintances
* partaking of Indian curry and naan [my favorite ethnic food of choice]
* 8 freezer meals complete... that's 8 nights of no cooking for me!
* a husband who watches the kiddos, so I can accomplish so much in the kitchen
* binky's that help comfort in the most distressed of situations
* the thoughts of summer vacations on blizzard-like days

Thanks, God, for your good graces this day.

No comments:

Post a Comment