Monday, February 21, 2011

Words that dwell and find residence...


I feel my blood pressure rise and the muscles in my neck and shoulder tense up. "Zoe... STOP PLEASE!!! How many times do I have to tell you that you may not have the candy? If you touch another piece you will go to timeout!" I sigh a heavy breath and try to collect myself. I am on the verge of screaming to release the tension that has built up. Why do I let this affect me so, and then spilling out of my mouth comes less than graceful words? 
The words I have spoken are convicted by these words below....
The Word became flesh and made his dwelling among us. We have seen his glory, the glory of the one and only Son, who came from the Father, full of grace and truth. (John 1:14 )
Words are one vehicle that I use to touch the world around me: my children, my husband, my dog, my friends, my extended family, my neighbors, and strangers. The words that come forth from me either bring life or bring death to those they touch (John 1:4). Jesus, the very Word himself, came to us touching our lives with the fullness of grace and truth. His very call and commission for my life is to touch others with the grace He has given me.
Let your conversation be always full of grace, seasoned with salt, so that you may know how to answer everyone. (Colossians 4:6)

Why do I feel that I have to be right in a conversation? Why do I feel that I have to prove a point or even have my opinion known?

Lord, help me to season the lives around me with words of grace today and forever. May I see the world as you see and bring life to a deary land. Amen







No comments:

Post a Comment